DIY Christmas ornaments. Adorable Christmas ornaments for a Christmas tree decoration, wreath, garland, staircase, fireplace, and more. Cozy rhomb ornaments a wonderful and special touch in your Christmas decor.
Finished measurements (approximate):
Height 6” (15 cm)
Width 6” (15 cm)
Add a dose of cuteness to your Christmas tree when you make your own fabric Christmas ornaments! These rhomb ornaments will be a lovely gift for friends.
This easy sewing tutorial includes instructions and a free template for making a fabric ornament. These Christmas ornaments are super easy and quick to sew. It’s a great project for beginners!
Get started now to sew cute Christmas ornaments.
Download the free template by clicking on the button below. Print the template, select actual size (100%). Make sure in the correct size by measuring the 1″ (or 5 cm) test square.
The sewing tutorial below and pattern pieces are totally FREE!
Also, you find this Pattern PDF for printing in our shop. Downloadable PDF Pattern for $3.00 is optional.
We also have a YouTube tutorial video. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to make sure you don’t miss a thing!
So let’s get started to make a cute Christmas ornaments!
You will need:
– 10’’ x 10’’ (25 x 25 cm) piece of fabric for the exterior
– 10’’ x 10’’ (25 x 25 cm) piece of fabric for
– 10’’ x 20’’ (25 x 50 cm) piece of fusible
– 7’’ (18 cm) piece of decorative cord (1 mm
thick) for hanging
– 1 button or charm
– Basic sewing tools (sewing machine,
scissors, iron, needles, pins, sewing thread,
– Detail, cut: 1 Exterior, 1 Lining, 2 fusible
NOTE: All seam allowances are included in the
pattern. All of them are 1/4″ (0,7 cm) unless
Fuse the interfacing to the wrong side of
pieces (as desired) and pin them right sides
together. Stitch with a 1/4″ (0,7 cm) seam
allowance, leaving the opening for turning.
Turn right side out and press well.
Sew the opening closed (by hand or by machine). I make topstitch a 1/16” (0,2 cm) from the edge.
Fold the circle in half. Mark the centers and sew them together by hand.
Sew other two sides in the center marks, catching the first knot of the thread with the needle, as shown.
Secure them together and sew a button or charm to the center.
Turn over the corners and press as desired.
Make a hanging loop through one corner, as shown.
Tie a knot and pull the loop.
Your cute Christmas ornaments is done!
We can’t wait to see the finished items that you make with this sewing tutorial. We really hope to see lots of CUTE Rhomb Christmas ornaments. Make sure to post a picture on Instagram, and tag us @swanfamilypatterns. It would be lovely to see.
Follow us for fresh ideas, inspiration, and a look behind the scenes.
- Christmas Stockings Pattern (4 styles 4 sizes)$19,90
- Christmas Stockings Pattern (4 styles 1 size)$9,90
- Pet Christmas Stockings Pattern$5,50
- A SET of 2 Christmas Stockings Pattern$5,50
- Lady’s Christmas Stocking Pattern$3,50
- Santa’s Christmas Stocking Pattern$3,50
- Dog’s Christmas Stocking Pattern$3,50
- Cat’s Christmas Stocking Pattern$3,50
- Mini Christmas Stocking Pattern$3,00